taratill
taratill, Solicitor
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
32019188

Does On Call count as working time under the working time regulations? We

Customer Question

Does On Call count as working time under the working time regulations?
We are a care facility that pays a rate of £30 for senior staff to be On Call. We pay then their normal hourly rate if they are called into work.
2 questions firstly does On Call time classify as working time in terms of min rest periods
Secondly if it does do we need to pay national min wage for the on call period ie if on call over night would we need to pay 12 hours at £6.31.
Expert:  taratill replied 3 years ago.

taratill :

Hello my name is Jenny and I am happy to help you today. What happens when they are on call, are they on site or at home waiting to receive a call?

JACUSTOMER-9yw6ceu0- :

Home waiting to receive a call

JACUSTOMER-9yw6ceu0- :

please answer the question? I keep being asked to rate the service but I haven't had an answer?

taratill :

Hi for some reason this question did not show up in my list of open questions. I will now prepare an answer and get back to you. Sorry for the delay.

JACUSTOMER-9yw6ceu0- :

JACUSTOMER-9yw6ceu0- :

are you there?

JACUSTOMER-9yw6ceu0- :

Hello Hello Please can you answer this question as I have paid for an answer

JACUSTOMER-9yw6ceu0- :

I had to rate Bad service as have paid and waited for an answer for so long, I also haven't been issued with a refund which is not very fair