taratill
taratill, Solicitor
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
32019188

Who can I see if a employer wont pay for the hours worked

Who can I see if a employer won't pay for the hours worked?
Expert:  taratill replied 2 years ago.
taratill :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. How long ago were you working there and why have they refused to pay you?

Customer: I worked six hours training unpaid as agreed and then I done twenty four hours work on a hourly rate of £6.13 and decided it wasn't for me that was three weeks ago they said they would give me a cheque on the 5/9/14 as that would be my pay day . When I asked for my cheque when I left they said I couldn't have it as they needed me to sign a p45 and would not give me a date to collect my cheque . Now I don't know how I should approach them please advice .
taratill :

Hi you need to write to them to give them 7 days to pay and state that if they don't you will raise a claim for unlawful deduction from salary in the employment tribunal.

taratill :

You can then, if necessary, submit a claim at www.employmenttribunals.gov.uk

taratill :

You need to make sure you do so within 3 months of todays date otherwise your claim will be out of time.

taratill :

If you have any further questions please ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.