How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask taratill Your Own Question
taratill, Solicitor
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 6307
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
taratill is online now

Who can I see if a employer wont pay for the hours worked

Resolved Question:

Who can I see if a employer won't pay for the hours worked?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  taratill replied 2 years ago.
taratill :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. How long ago were you working there and why have they refused to pay you?

Customer: I worked six hours training unpaid as agreed and then I done twenty four hours work on a hourly rate of £6.13 and decided it wasn't for me that was three weeks ago they said they would give me a cheque on the 5/9/14 as that would be my pay day . When I asked for my cheque when I left they said I couldn't have it as they needed me to sign a p45 and would not give me a date to collect my cheque . Now I don't know how I should approach them please advice .
taratill :

Hi you need to write to them to give them 7 days to pay and state that if they don't you will raise a claim for unlawful deduction from salary in the employment tribunal.

taratill :

You can then, if necessary, submit a claim at

taratill :

You need to make sure you do so within 3 months of todays date otherwise your claim will be out of time.

taratill :

If you have any further questions please ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.

taratill and other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Employment Law Questions