taratill
taratill, Solicitor
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
32019188

Hi I have been off work for 10 weeks now my contracted hrs

Customer Question

Hi I have been off work for 10 weeks now my contracted hrs are24. Due to money diffculties the shop where i work asked for people to vollentry cut their hours to 16 this was about 6 months ago I was the only one that did . This was not a perminant situation but only untill things picked up so my contract didnot change . I have not been payed any sick pay please could you tell me if I am entiteled to any my pay for 24 hrs was £126.00p take home and for 16 hrs I got £88.00p.
Expert:  taratill replied 3 years ago.
taratill :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today.

taratill :

Normally you have to earn at least £111 per week to qualify for SSP.

taratill :

As your take home pay was £88 pw at the time you were off sick you are not entitled to SSP.