taratill
taratill, Solicitor
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
32019188

I have a contract for 3 hours per day as a cleaner. My employer

I have a contract for 3 hours per day as a cleaner. My employer is contracted to supply this service. I was told not to come to work one day as the office would be closed. On my next payslip a 3 hour holiday appeared taken for this day I was not at work. Is this legal as I was available for work but could not go in.
Expert:  taratill replied 2 years ago.
taratill :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. How long have you worked there for?

Customer:

over 2 years

taratill :

Hi what your employer has done is unlawful and is in breach of the Working Time Regulations. They can only enforce annual leave with correct notice which is double the amount of time of the leave that they require you to take, and they should be clear that they require you to take leave. In all other circumstances you should just be paid.

taratill :

I would therefore suggest you raise a grievance .

Customer:

Thank you very much happy with your answer

taratill :

If this does not resolve matters you can raise a claim under the Working Time Regulations.
I you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you.

Customer:

how do I do this?

taratill :

There should be a rating button. Can you see it?

Expert:  taratill replied 2 years ago.
HI can you see the accept button now or a rating button. If you can't then let me know.