29905560

I work in David Lloyd leisure centre on a self employed contract

I work in David Lloyd leisure centre on a self employed contract and was told by text message I was suspended and not to enter the building (no reason was given why I am being investigated or have been suspended), they now want me to go to attend a disciplinary meeting but said I cannot bring along a work colleague for support. Is this correct?
Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. How long have you worked there?

Customer:

It is my daughter who works there, she has been there for 2 years

Ben Jones :

OK, thank you, ***** ***** this with me - I will look into this for you, get my response ready and get back to you on here. No need to wait around and you will get an email when I have responded, thank you

Ben Jones :

The right to bring in someone to a disciplinary meeting only applies to workers and employees and the self employed are not included in that definition. They are their own entity when it comes to employment status so there is unfortunately no legal right for self employed workers to be accompanied at disciplinary meetings. If she has a contract which gives her such a right then she can rely on that but in the absence of anything to allow her to be accompanied, this will only happen with the employer’s consent.

Customer:

Okay thank you

Ben Jones :

you are welcome, all the best