29905560

Hello. I would like to ask a question about my work place.

Hello. I would like to ask a question about my work place. Basically I been working there for a year. Always been doing my job properly. Two days ago I been called to come to the office and without any warning or discipline first ive got fired.didnt give a reasonable explanation or anything.i feel devastated and I think that its unfair dismissal. Is it any way I can do anything about it? Because I dont think that I been treated well. And for doing my best at this company I dont feel like I deserved anything like that. Its really difficult for me at the moment. Thanks for your help.
Kayla jones
Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Do you have a specific question about this please?

Ben Jones : Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Did you have a contractual notice period?
Customer:

No I haven't

Ben Jones : Sorry ignore first question posted in wrong thread, just need to know about the notice period thanks
Customer:

They didnt get any notice.they terminated my employment immediately and I had to leave the work place

Ben Jones : Unfortunately you cannot challenge the dismissal itself because you need at least 2 years service with the employer to be protected against unfair dismissal. So until then the employer can dismiss you for more or less any reason. However you should have been given at least a week's notice by law and also are entitled to receive any accrued holidays which you have not yet taken
Customer:

So basically what you are saying is that they can treat me how ever they want because I didnt work there for two years. And therr is nothing I can do about it?

Ben Jones : Well in terms of dismissal anyway. You are not protected against unfair dismissal yet so they can sack you at any time and for more or less any reason
Ben Jones : The law is very clear in this respect, you need 2 yeas service to be protected
Customer:

Well thats not helpfull.but thanks for your time.

Ben Jones : I understand it's not the answer you wanted but I can't change the law I'm afraid
Customer:

Thanks anyway

Ben Jones : you are welcome