tdlawyer
tdlawyer, Laywer
Experience:  Lawyer with 9 years experience in employment related issues.
73598664

Should I be paid by work for time off for a industrial injury

Should I be paid by work for time off for a industrial injury , having an operation for vibration white finger / carpal tunnel
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 3 years ago.
tdlawyer :

Hi thanks for your question. My name is***** can assist with this.

tdlawyer :

You may have a claim against your employer for sustaining a work related injury if you can show that your employer should have taken more precautions against you sustaining this type of injury.

tdlawyer :

If you're able to do this, then you would be entitled to be paid a sum of money representing your loss of earnings.

tdlawyer :

If you're asking about time not at your employment during a period of sick leave, then you would be entitled to statutory sick pay (as a minimum) or a greater sum of contractual sick pay leave.

tdlawyer :

Does this make sense?