taratill
taratill, Solicitor
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
32019188

I have worked for Hotter Shoes as a Sunday supervisor for six

I have worked for Hotter Shoes as a Sunday supervisor for six months, my contract was twenty five hours a week my first manager was aware my computer skills were limited and was very patient and supportive and helped me with this. Since she left a new manager has started and is very dynamic and our shop has been top for the past two weeks and the area manager has asked him to take on more responsibility involving the computer. He sat me down yesterday for a chat and said how did i feel about my job as key holder and explained about the extra computer tasks i would have to do. He made me feel that i was an excellent sales assistant but not up to the job as a supervisor. I was hurt and angry, and walked out and have no intention of going back i feel very used and wonder if i have any way of going through a grievance procedure?
Expert:  taratill replied 2 years ago.
taratill : Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today.
taratill :

Have you worked there for 6 months in total?

Customer:

yes

taratill :

Is there any age or medical reason for your reduced IT ability?

Customer:

No i am 47 and didn't encounter computers at school so have little knowledge of them.

taratill :

Ok no problem. There is no problem with you raising a grievance to your employer about the way you have been treated and in stating that you feel used and that you cannot return.Your employer should have a HR department who will tell you the correct procedure to follow.

taratill :

There is no claim that you can bring against them in this situation though I'm afraid. The only claim would be based upon discrimination which does not appear to have happened here.

taratill :

Please do let me know if there is anything further you would like to know about this. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.