29905560

Suspended from work pending investigation. ( 14 weeks) Been

Suspended from work pending investigation. ( 14 weeks)
Been met by the company investigator for a fact finding interview ( 2 months ago)
Waiting for a decision and am told it will be forthcoming shortly.
Applied for and been successful with another job and will be resigning my position. Will a reference mention the suspension if i haven't received an outcome?
Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Ben Jones :

Do you know your employer's policy on references, for example do they only give basic factual references?

Customer:

Ben hi, Appreciate you being there.

Customer:

My employer offers basic references and i would guess that my employer to be would be seeking a basic response

Ben Jones :

If that is their policy then hopefully they will just provide the basic information in such references, such as your dates of employment and job title. However, if the employer wants to go further they can if needed include details of the suspension. A suspension is not an indication of guilt however so the new employer should not treat this as you being guilty of anything. It just means you were suspended as a precautionary measure until the employer conducts an investigation. However, as this is a factual matter, the current employer will not be doing anything wrong by mentioning it if they want to

Customer:

Ben thanks sounds like it is discretionary to some degree. Would my resignation prior to receipt of any formal information make a difference ?

Ben Jones :

Not really, what has happened so far has happened - they can still mention anything that has taken place to date, although they must make it clear that you have not been taken through a formal disciplinary yet and that this is still at the investigatory stage #

Customer:

Ben

Customer:

Many thanks for your advice

Ben Jones :

you are welcome, all the best