29905560

I have been offered redundancy from a privately run company,

Customer Question

I have been offered redundancy from a privately run company, that I've worked for for just over 24 years.
What am I entitled to as a settlement?
Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. can you tell me is this continues service and what is your age please.

Ben Jones : Also does your contract entitle you to any enhanced redundancy payments?
JACUSTOMER-qiserq4g- : Hi
JACUSTOMER-qiserq4g- : I take it you continuous service, yes it is. I am 47 years old. My contract has nothing about redundancy in it
Ben Jones :

Hi, sorry yes I meant continuous service, autocorrect must have spelt it wrong for me. If your contract has no mention about enhanced redundancy payments then you will simply be entitled to statutory minimum redundancy pay. This is calculated using a specific formula, based on your age, length of service and current pay. You can use this link to enter the relevant values and it will calculate the redundancy entitlement for you:

https://www.gov.uk/calculate-your-redundancy-pay

Hope this clarifies your position? If you could please let me know that would be great, thank you

Ben Jones :

Hello, I see you have accessed and read my answer to your query. Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? I just need to know whether to close the question or not? Thanks