taratill
taratill, Solicitor
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
32019188

Good morning At the moment I am employed as a casual member

Customer Question

Good morning
At the moment I am employed as a casual member of the gym staff within Exeter University, Sports Park. And have been for over twelve months. I have fixed hours during term time, which are then reduced when the students are on holiday by a couple of hours a week. I have been informed by the sports park manager that I and the other casual members of staff are not entitiled to holiday pay as we get payed above the min wage, Still below that of the full time members of staff. The hourly rate from Sep 13- Sep 14 was £7.07 Per hr, it is now £7.65 per hr.
The management have informed use that the wage we receive is to cover, shift pay, weekend, bank holidays, and any holidays that we take during our employment.
Having only returned to work place after serving 16 years in the Royal Marines
Expert:  taratill replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Do you have a contract of employment?

Customer:

Can you tell me exactly what the contract says about holidays and holiday pay?