29905560

I'm a IT contractor, my contract ended early due to a permanent

Customer Question

I'm a IT contractor, my contract ended early due to a permanent member of staff is going to take over my role. I was given given notice yesterday. My contract states 30 days notice. My question is does my termination dates includes weekend days as well?
Looking forward to your response
Kind regard
Valerie
Ben Jones : Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. I there a dispute as to the payment or days for your notice period?
JACUSTOMER-3a7q78q9- :

Hi Ben, there is no dispute regarding payment or the days to the notice period (yet!) My contract states 30 days notice to terminate the contract, which started yesterday, 10/10/2914 and I will finish on 14 November 2014.

Ben Jones :

Hi Valerie, the 30 days’ notice would be calendar days, meaning that once the notice has been issued the contract would terminate 30 calendar days later. For example if the notice was served on 10 October, the contract would terminate on 9 November, which is 30 days later. So it would include weekends as well.

Hope this clarifies your position? If you could please let me know that would be great, thank you

Ben Jones :

Hello, I see you have accessed and read my answer to your query. Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? I just need to know whether to close the question or not? Thanks