29905560

I am a General Manager and was employed on 17/03/2014 on a

Customer Question

I am a General Manager and was employed on 17/03/2014 on a six month probationary period.
On 17/09/14 my probationary review was carried out by my new Aftermarket Manager who stated he was extending my probationary period due to "Not Knowing Me Well Enough".
I refused to sign the extension and asked for a Director who knew me to carry it out instead. This was declined and a new review date was given.
The Aftermarket Manager then stated he was extending my probationary period on Performance related issues.
I reluctantly agreed to sign the extension on the grounds of Safeguarding my Employment even though my Performance Figures were one of the best in the Group.
My Contract states that I should give 2 months Notice should I wish to resign from my position with the Company.
I have given 1 weeks Notice due to me still being on Probation.
The Company policy is that they only have to give 1 weeks Notice to terminate my employment.
Please could you offer some advise
John Hutchings
Ben Jones : Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Did the contract allow for an extension of the probationary period?
JACUSTOMER-zrikf1og- :

Yes it did

JACUSTOMER-zrikf1og- :

Do you have an answer for me please??

Ben Jones :

OK thank you, ***** ***** it with me. I am in a tribunal today so will prepare my advice during the day and get back to you this afternoon. There is no need to wait and you will receive an email when I have responded. Thank you

JACUSTOMER-zrikf1og- :

I thought I was able to speak to an Online advisor who would be able to give "Immediate Answers"?

Ben Jones :

Hi, we aim to provide answers ASAP, but we are working lawyers so our main job will take priority, hence why you can actually get access to qualified lawyers at a fraction of the price you would pay if you were to see them face to face. Unfortunately it does mean that it may not be an immediate response but ‘as soon as possible’.

Now going back to your situation, just before I finalise my response, what specific queries did you have about this, so I can direct my advice more appropriately.