29905560

I have a question about continuous service when working for

I have a question about continuous service when working for a local council.
I have worked for a local council for several years as a full-time employee. A few months ago I moved to a new council part time and stayed at the old one part time (2 days at old one, 3 days at new one).
If I leave the first council and there is a period of a few weeks where I only work part-time at the new council (before they increase my hours)... Will I lose my continuous service at all?
Ben Jones : Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Was there always an overlap between the two jobs?
Customer:

At first I was full time at the first council... Then I moved (overnight, with no "break period") to be part time at each.

Ben Jones :

Hi, apologies for the delay, for some reason the system had not informed me that you had replied.

Local Councils are covered by something called the Modification Order, which means that if you move from one Council to another, there would be no break of service, unless there was a break of at least a week between the two jobs.

So you would only lose your continuous service if you had stopped working for the first Council, then took more than a week break before starting working for the next one. However, if you always had an overlap between the two jobs, such as holding both jobs at the same time, then leaving the first one to continue working for the second one, there would be no break in service and your continuous service will be preserved.

Hope this clarifies your position? If you could please let me know that would be great, thank you

Ben Jones :

Hello, I see you have accessed and read my answer to your query. Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? I just need to know whether to close the question or not? Thanks