taratill
taratill, Solicitor
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
32019188

Does an employee have any rights in the UK if he is sacked

Does an employee have any rights in the UK if he is sacked after 2 and a half months for having a bad attitude?
Expert:  taratill replied 3 years ago.
taratill :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. No an employee would not have any rights to claim unfair dismissal in these circumstances. This is because an employee must have been employed for 2 years before the Tribunal has jurisdiction to hear a claim for unfair dismissal.

taratill :

If the employee could argue that the decision to terminate amounts to discrimination on the grounds of race, age, religion, disability, sex, , pregnancy or for raising a health and safety complain then they may be able to raise a claim under the Equality Act 2010 or possibly the Whilstleblowing legislation.

taratill :

I do not think that this applies in your situation but do let me know if you need any further information.

taratill :

I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.