29905560

Employed 2005 to march 2011 for one nhs trust. Ended employment,

Customer Question

Employed 2005 to march 2011 for one nhs trust. Ended employment, worked my notice due to being offered a job for another nhs trust which I started April 2011. Waited a month for disclosure and start date to come through and with moving from Scotland to Northern Ireland, needed the time to find somewhere to stay etc. does this count as continuous employment and hoe much redundancy am I entitled too?
Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What was the exact gap in unemployment between the two jobs?

JACUSTOMER-wvtbexeq- : 1 month where my old contract ended and my new contract started
Ben Jones :

Unfortunately this would have broken your continuous service because any break of over a week will put an end to your continuous employment. Therefore, if you are now being made redundant, your continuous service will only go back as fas as the start of the latest job, that being April 2011

Ben Jones :

Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? Thanks