29905560

how long after a disciplinary hearing should I get the res

how long after a disciplinary hearing should I get the resualt
Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Is there a specific disciplinary policy that says anything about that?

Customer:

in the employee handbook under grievance procedure sub section 12.2 it said you will receive theou

Customer:

in the employee handbook under grievance procedure it said You will receive the outcome of the hearing in writing WHEREVER POSSIBLE WITHIN 7 DAYS OF THE HEARING

Ben Jones :

Thanks. The law does not actually stipulate a specific time period within which the decision of a disciplinary should be communicated to an employee following their disciplinary hearing. This would often depend on the complexity of the case. The ACAS Code of Conduct, which employers are expected to adhere to, only states that “Details of any disciplinary action should be given in writing to the employee as soon as the decision is made”, however it does not provide specific timescales.

Your contract also states that a decision will be communicated ‘whenever possible’ within 7 days, so again there is no guarantee that it will be within 7 days as there may be circumstances when it would not be possible to do so.

So it is effectively down to the employer to decide when to communicate their decision and that will depend on the circumstances and complexity of the case.

Hope this clarifies your position? If you could please let me know that would be great, thank you

Customer:

Ben Jones thank you for your answer I thought that might be the answer I am still on full pay thank you for your help in this matter yours sincerely ***** *****

Ben Jones :

you are welcome, all the best