taratill
taratill, Solicitor
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
32019188

A malicious complaint was made against me outside the

A malicious complaint was made against me outside the specified time frame. I was advised by the defence union that a response was not necessary however I could respond in good faith despite it being outside the time frame which I agreed to. The organisation dealing with the complaint has now threatened taking action against me for not engaging with the complaints procedure and referring me to for a performance review. This sounds to me like harassment by the employer. Can I take them to employment tribunal for being unfair and discriminatory and not following their own nhs regulations when investigating complaints .

I have explained that there is a procedural issue at their end and that they are not following their own regulations and encouraging (abusive and agressive) clients to pursue unfair complaints which under current regulations should no be investigated

Expert:  taratill replied 2 years ago.
taratill :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. How long have you worked for the employer and was the complaint made by a customer / client?

Customer:

complaint is vague and relates to police being called to remove him due to aggression and threatening behaviour and shouting, 1 year down the line he has made a complaint claiming he wasn't aggressive and various false allegation-it took him long time to get an appointment etc. I have been in the same job for 10 years and this was firs time I had to call police to remove an aggressive individual who was threatening me

taratill :

Is this in a care home situation?

Customer:

no

Customer:

individual is fully sane

taratill :

Ok I need a bit more context regarding the complaint and who the complainant was and the nature of your work as this will help me understand the position more fully.

taratill, Solicitor
Experience: 15 years experience of advising on employment law matters