29905560

Hi,I have sign a contract with my currant employer on which

Hi,I have sign a contract with my currant employer on which I need to give 4 months notice in case of me resigning.At the time I did not see any issues with that.But now thinking in changing jot.Turns out to be difficult for me to find any thing that is willing to wait 4 months.Is there a way out?
Ben Jones : Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. How long have you worked there for?
Customer:

Hi Ben,since 2010

Customer:

Hi,are there?

Customer:

Are you there?

Ben Jones : Hi, sorry i was offline by the time you had replied. If there is a written contract in place and it contains a specific clause detailing the notice period an employee is supposed to give if they wanted to leave their employment, they will be contractually bound by it. Therefore, if the employee fails to honour this notice period then they will be acting in breach of contract. The employer then has the option of suing the employee to seek compensation for damages resulting from their breach. However, in reality such claims are very rarely made. This is mainly due to the costs and time involved, also the relatively small damages that can be recovered. So whilst there is no way of predicting whether the employer will take this any further or not, chances are that they will not. A more likely outcome is that the employer refuses to provide a reference in the future or if they do, it could mention that the employee had breached their contract. It is therefore best to try and negotiate a mutually acceptable notice period that would suit both parties. However, if that is not possible and there is a pressing need to leave early, that is still a possibility, subject to the risks identified above. Hope this clarifies your position?
Customer:

Thank you.that did help.

Ben Jones : You are welcome all the best