29905560

my husband sent an email to my employer advising them of my

my husband sent an email to my employer advising them of my resignation - is this valid and enforceable ?
Ben Jones : Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.How long have you worked there for and was there any indication it may have been from you?
Customer:

Hi Ben,

Customer:

Hi Ben, thanks for the reply.

Customer:

Hi Ben, thanks for your reply. I've only been with the company for 3 weeks. There was no indication that the email came from me as it was sent from my husband's personal email account.

Ben Jones : Generally the resignation would have to come from
Ben Jones : you to be valid and if there was evidence that it was not then you can argue it was not binding but the issue is that with such short service you are not protected against dismissal so the employer can terminate your employment for more or less any reason even if it was due to this email which was not from you so whilst you can try and plead with them, legally you cannot challenge their decision if they stick to it. Hope this clarifies your position?
Customer:

Yes, it does.

Customer:

Thank you for your advice.

Ben Jones : You are welcome, all the best