29905560

My daughter is on apprentiship and her boss only paid her £50

My daughter is on apprentiship and her boss only paid her £50 wages this week . When my daughter asked her why she said it was because it was a 5 wk month. Is this right and more to the ooint is it legal
Ben Jones : Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Does she get paid by the hour and if so, how much?
Customer:

Hi ben as an apprentis she gets paid £2.73 an hour as this is the apprentis minimum wage for her age.

Ben Jones : Hi, sorry i was off
Ben Jones : offline by the time you had replied. The employer must pay her fornthe hours she has actually worked, although it would depend on what period they have used to calculate these and for example she could be paid for the majority of the month, but due to the waybthe dates fall in that month ahe may not necessarily be paid for the calendar month and a few days may be cut off from that month's pay. Of course the employer must ensure that they eventually pay her for that time and it should happen in the next pay packet she reveives. She should check the wording in her contract to seenif there is anything in there about how her pay will be calculated but if there is nothing mentioned then it would come down to what is normal practice with that employer. The most important thing is that she eventually gets paid for all hours she has worked, even if there is a slight overlap and she gets paid next month for a small part of the hours she has worked this month. Hope this clarifies your position?
Customer:

Yes ,thank you for your help.

Customer:

She doesnt hve a contract, her boss keeps it and she has never had a pay slip off her either.

Ben Jones : She has a right to see her contract, she can ask the employer for it and if they refuse tell them that she is requesting it under the Data Protection Act
Customer:

Thank you very much for all your help.

Ben Jones : You are welcome, all the best