29905560

Hi there, I am a Spanish EU Passport Holder who has

Customer Question

Hi there, I am a Spanish EU Passport Holder who has worked in NI on and off for the past 3 years.

Last year whilst in Mexico surged an opportunity to be hired by company in Northern Ireland so I paid for the tickets and flew over to NI. (- The verbal agreeement was that I was getting hired to expand the business  in Mexico). On 16th of September my boss offered to pay for fly tickets to go back to Mexico and keep working there for them preparing for the expansion.

45 days after landing in Mexico he has Today handed me a letter that we are having a meeting this tuesday because they have decided to cancel the expansion project in Mexico therefore my job would be redundant and warned me that the outcome of the meeting could be a dismissal on the grounds of redundancy.

I lost my tenancy deposit and paid for some expenses on travels to come over and all this transition. I feel a bit lost on why would he do this now and not when I was physically over there. I would have liked to stay in Northern Ireland to find other work opportunities given that I paid for that flight over . Is there anything I can do to extend my notice or perhaps any kind of claim for this situation? I need any guidance on what can be achieved if anything at all.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Nicola,

I definitively would like an answer, this is my only question and why I signed up and credited my justanswer account?.

If the experts need more info from my question then please let me know how can I help.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  taratill replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you with this query if you would still like help? Please let me know?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Jenny, Please do I still need help...

Expert:  taratill replied 2 years ago.
What was your start date for the position in Northern Ireland?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The 1st of April 2014.

Expert:  taratill replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am sorry for the delay. Please bear with me while I prepare a full answer.