taratill
taratill, Solicitor
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
32019188

I suffered from an accident in France earlier this year. My

Customer Question

I suffered from an accident in France earlier this year. My tibia was "rebuilt" and I live in constant pain. I am 60 in May of next year and have requested "Flexible Reirement" via the Council I have worked for since I qulified in 1992 as a social worker. My entire working life has been as a loyal, respected and reliable employee within Child Protection. My manager has advised this does not suit his "business plan" as he may loose hours, overall. Due to the fact the accident occured boarding a boat (within 2 hours of arriving in France) I have been advised any legal challenge will be expensive and complicated. My Mother just died as an (indirect) result of my injuries (I could no longer care for her the way I used to therfore she refused treatement for a chest infection beleiving she beleived was a "burden" to me, and died). I am a member of UNISON. Do I just continue to drag my leg around 5 days per week or do I have any legal redress against my (new)manager?
Expert:  taratill replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. I assume the answer to this will be yes but can you explain if your injuries have a significant impact on your ability to carry out day to day activities (mobility) and that they are likely to last more than 12 months?