taratill
taratill, Solicitor
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
32019188

I didn't get an official disciplinary at work. though I got

Customer Question

I didn't get an official disciplinary at work. though I got given a written statement about what had happened and about our conversation and my response. and was asked to sign it, and this would be kept on my file, but nothing official and no disciplinary was given. is this ok?
Expert:  taratill replied 3 years ago.
Customer:

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Is the employer now attempting to use this signed statement against you in some way?

JACUSTOMER-upmvp3ak- :

No , not at the moment. But I was thinking of the future, if they would try and use that.

Customer:

Hi they should not use it as a warning as there was no disciplinary hearing. This means that they could not say that this amounted to a written warning and it would be appropriate to move on to a final written warning. If they were to do so you could raise a grievance and potentially if you were to be dismissed in the future and they relied on this, it would make a dismissal unfair.

Customer:

If you have any further questions please do ask. If i have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.