How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask taratill Your Own Question
taratill, Solicitor
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 6307
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
taratill is online now

I have worked for my employer for 13 months as asales rep on

Resolved Question:

I have worked for my employer for 13 months as asales rep on a basic salary of£20,000 + commission my sales figures have not been brilliant due to no training whatsoever on the products I need to sell to achieve target, on some of the contracted services I have experience but could not achieve target on these alone and need to sell the products which I do not understand to achieve the set target. My employers have now cut my salary to£15,000 and given me until January to achieve target, which taking into account December as I sell business to business I know this is unachievable.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  taratill replied 2 years ago.
taratill :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. What would you like to know about htis?


can they legally do this in england

taratill :

The answer to this is yes and this is based on your length of service. In the UK until you have been employed for 2 years you have limited employment rights. This means that an employer can terminate your employment for any reason so long as it does not amount to discrimination, contrary to the Equality Act 2010, which would be based on age, race, religion, sex, disability, pregnancy or potentially for raising a health and safety complaint. If you had over 2 years service the answer would be different as , once you have adequate service, the employer cannot reduce your salary in this way.

taratill :

I am sorry that this is not the answer you were looking for.

taratill :

If you have any further questions about this please do ask.


Thank you anyway.

taratill and 2 other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Employment Law Questions