Experience:  30 years experience as a solicitor.
31090051

It is job related. I want to resign. My employer said that

It is job related. I want to resign. My employer said that I dont have any notoce period, as I am still in my probation. Can I then specify date myself?
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
If you have been there for between one month and two years, the correct period of notice is one week.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

So I can write a second letter with the date?

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Yes you can.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Just to get this right. Can I just state that I have now reconsidered my decsion and would like to suggest my end date of contract for, and give a date?

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
No, you say in this second letter that you are confirming your resignation and that in accordance with current regulations your final day at work will be the date one week from your original letter of resignation.