29905560

I have a 20 hour contract at work , but for the last year i

I have a 20 hour contract at work , but for the last year i have been doing over 38 hours a week. Does this entitle me to a full time contract as i have asked on several occasions and been turned down.
Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What additional benefits would you get if you had a full time contract - or is it just the extra hours you are after?

Customer:

I would get 45.5 hour a week contract . That's what the full timers are on.

Ben Jones :

have you consistently worked a set number of hours or has it varied?

Customer:

consistently over 38 hours over the last year.

Ben Jones :

is the employer not carrying on giving you full time hours?

Customer:

no im still doing over 38 hours a week. All i want is a yes or no.

Ben Jones :

well there is no direct yes or no, if only if it was that simple....just because you have been doing longer hours for a year does not automatically entitle you to a full time contract. To successfully argue this you must be able to show that you have obtained a full time contract through custom and practice and this is not easy. I can explain in a bit more detail how that works but in the end only an employment tribunal can determine if that had occurred or not

Customer:

okay thanks for your help.

Ben Jones :

you are welcome