29905560

Hi, I was experiencing bossing and abusive behaviour past 3

Hi, I was experiencing bossing and abusive behaviour past 3 months. It come to a point when I could not take anymore and simply left my work place after nasty shouting thru the phone of my store manager. I am considering to complain about her, also consider psychological injury compensation claims. Could you please tell me if I have to right to do it?
Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. How long did you work there for?

Customer:

Hi, I was there from June 2013, but my problems start June 2014

Ben Jones :

what psychological injuries have you suffered, have you had these seen properly by specialists?

Customer:

If I can call injuries my mood swinging, depressions and nightmares. Also I experienced the real fear of fail and loose of job. Nope, I havent seen a specialist but people around me witness the change in my personality

Ben Jones :

your main claim would have been for constructive dismissal, but you need 2 years service for this and you do not have that so you do not actually meet the minimum criteria to submit a claim. The only other option is to make a claim for personal injury but that can be difficult because you need something quite serious to make it worth claiming. We are talking clinical depression where you are for example signed off for prolonged periods, but mood swings, less serious episodes of depression and nightmares are not really going to be classified as serious personal injuries to warrant such a claim

Customer:

Yes, I see ... can I do actually anything about her behavior toward my person?

Ben Jones :

you can still raise a complaint with the employer if you wanted to but that leaves things in the hands of the employer, you can't make a direct claim against her

Customer:

Understand. So you are telling me to write to head office and raise a complaint - its the only thing I could do

Ben Jones :

in the circumstances it is...you will raising a grievance, that's what you need to tell them and explain what your complaint is

Customer:

alright, thank you, ***** ***** was it. all i wanted to find out. have a good day

Ben Jones :

you are welcome, all the best

Experience: Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'