29905560

dose an employer have to pay sick pay to an employee for the

dose an employer have to pay sick pay to an employee for the 1st for days of an illness
Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Is the employee entitled to contractual sick pay or just statutory sick pay?

Customer:

We hadn't got an written contract as yet . So far we have been paying all sick pay . But its only been an odd day here and there. i do know they get statutory sick pay if off for more than 4 days. But i just wondered if we have to pay them in full if they are just off 1 or 2 days?

Ben Jones :

No you do not, not unless they have a written contract which entitles them to full pay from the start of their sick leave. In the absence of such an entitlement they will only get SSP which becomes payable from the 4th day off

Customer:

thank you

Ben Jones :

you are welcome