29905560

I was forced to leave my old job due to being sexually harassed

I was forced to leave my old job due to being sexually harassed by a senior member of staff. Even though I handed in my resignation do I have any legal rights?
Ben Jones : Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. When did you leave and how long did you work there for?
Customer: I left in sept 2014 and was employed with them for 18 months
Ben Jones :

If you left in September then unfortunately you would now be too late to take this any further. You may have had a claim for discrimination based on harassment or constructive dismissal, but you only have 3 months to raise this after leaving. So it appears that you are now after the legal deadline to take this any further and as these deadlines are very strictly enforced I am afraid you are unlikely to be able to pursue this at this stage, I am sorry.

Ben Jones :

Hope this clarifies your position? If you could please let me know that would be great, thank you

Customer:

Oh ok i suppose if there is nothing else i can do then thats fine. thank you anyway for your advice

Ben Jones :

you are welcome, all the best