29905560

Hi JGM, I am researching a question regarding an (IMO) unclear recruitment closing date

Hi JGM,
I am researching a question regarding an (IMO) unclear recruitment closing date which resulted in me being excluded from the recruitment. Would you be able to advise on this?
The closing date was specified in American (MM/DD/YYYY) format event though the organization is European. I thought this meant 1'st April 2015, but actually it meant 4'th January 2015 (i.e this Sunday just past).
Do I have any right to appeal this?
Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. I am afraid that under law you would not be able to take any action against the agency or the company. There may have been an error in the advertising but even if that was not the case and you managed to apply in time, they could have easily refused to consider your application and take it any further. So to be able to have any sort of claim you must be able to show that you have suffered losses as a result of this and there is no guarantee you would have been considered or given the job so to sho you have suffered losses is going to be very difficult

Ben Jones :

Hope this clarifies your position? If you could please let me know that would be great, thank you

Customer:

Thank you very much, Ben. This may not be the answer I wanted, but

Customer:

at least I know where I stand. Of course I realize I might not have been the selected candidate. I'm trying to click the 'excellent' button, but it's disabled.

Ben Jones :

Apologies, it may be a system bug, we can resolve at our end if it does not work