29905560

Hi there, Does one accrue holiday entitlement during a

Hi there,
Does one accrue holiday entitlement during a probationary period.
Athena
Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Firstly can you tell me have you signed a contract of employment and how long have you been employed there please.

Customer:

I'm the empolyee. i'm the one creating the contract.

Ben Jones :

ok thank you for clearing that up for me please leave it with me. I am in a tribunal today so will prepare my advice during the day and get back to you this evening..There is no need to wait and you will receive an email when I have responded. Thank you

Customer:

cheer

Ben Jones :

Apologies for the slight delay, I experienced some temporary connection issues earlier on. All seems to be resolved now so I can continue with my advice.

Holidays do indeed accrue during a probationary period. The law entitles workers to holidays as soon as they become employed, so when someone works under a probationary period they will still accrue holidays, even if the probation is unsuccessful and they are not kept on. In that case they will have accrued a small entitlement to holidays which they must either be allowed to take as holidays whilst still employed by the company, or be paid for it on termination.

If they are kept on then the period of probation will count towards the normal period of employment in terms of calculating the employee’s holiday entitlement for the current holiday year.

Hope this clarifies your position? If you could please let me know that would be great, thank you

Customer:

cheers

Ben Jones :

you are welcome, all the best

Customer:

it won't let me rate you...

Ben Jones :

Apologies for that, there is a bug in the system which we sometimes get and it prevents you from posting your rating. Instead, you can just type your selection on here (e.g. OK, Good, Excellent) then we will process it manually later. Thank you

Customer:

EXCELLENT

Ben Jones :

many thanks, noted