29905560

, I am looking to appeal against a verbal warning given

Customer Question

Hi, I am looking to appeal against a verbal warning given to me for hanging up the phone on my manager. he has added some other issues from the past as well.
II do not agree, as I felt he had finished the conversation, and there was nothing more to say. He was telling me that I should do as I am told. I was attempting to explain to him why I could not do that?
Ben Jones : Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What do you specifically wish to know about this situation?
JACUSTOMER-o643dfea- :

I wish to appeal the verbal warning as I do not feel i deserved it I feel the line manager is trying to teach me a lesson and not dressing the issue at hand, which I was trying to discuss with him.

JACUSTOMER-o643dfea- :

Please reply to *****@******.***. Thank you.

Ben Jones :

Good morning and my sincere apologies for the slight delay, I experienced some temporary connection issues last night and could not return to the site. All seems to be resolved now so I can continue with my advice.

OK I understand that you wish to appeal the warning but can you please clarify what assistance do you require from me, taking into account this is just a Q&A site?

JACUSTOMER-o643dfea- :

I am looking for some guidence from you on how I should address this issue. Layout of the appeal, words/vocabulary I should use. Are you in a position to help me with this? Thanks.

Ben Jones :

To be honest a verbal warning is not treated as an official warning any more and it is just an informal warning which the employer could issue if they believe there is a minor workplace. If this was a more serious matter then they would have taken you through a formal disciplinary procedure and perhaps issued you with a written warning but that did not happen. So legally you do not even have the right to appeal a verbal warning, but could do so if the employer has given you such an opportunity.

In terms of appealing it, there are no set procedures, phrases, vocabulary etc you need to do or use. It is a simple matter of stating that you wish to appeal the warning, and then listing the reasons why you do not agree with it or what was said. It is quite an easy thing to do – you state why you disagree with the employer’s version of events, provide your side of the story and ask them to reconsider their decision. There is nothing more to it than that – do not get bogged down with making this more complex than it is or trying to make it too ‘official’ or ‘legal’ - that is unnecessary.

Hope this clarifies your position? If you could please let me know that would be great, thank you

Ben Jones :

Hello, I see you have accessed and read my answer to your query. Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? I just need to know whether to close the question or not? Thanks