Experience:  30 years experience as a solicitor.
31090051

, i was recently made redundant (22nd November 2014) this

Customer Question

, i was recently made redundant (22nd November 2014) this was a Saturday, on the following Monday (24th November 2014) somebody else had been appointed into my old job role. I believe this to be unfair dismissal, i have spoken with Acas who attempted early conciliation, however my old company did not respond. There are other issues which occurred before this date to make me believe it was unfair. i was bullied by a manager 5 months and was signed off by a doctor months, upon my return i was recommended to do phased working hours, this was agreed by my ex employer who sent me an email to confirm the times i would do. After 1 week of phased hours i was paid, i was down nearly £200, after speaking with the HR department of my ex employer i found that my wage had been cut due to my cut hours, i was not told or informed or sent any kind of correspondence to sign or agree to. This i feel was unlawful. I have been advised by Acas to get some advise before i go through an employment tribunal process. Thanks Sinead
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
From what you say you've been unfairly dismissed. Your job was not redundant if they replaced you. See a solicitor immediately as you only have three months from stopping work to raise the tribunal claim.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

, thanks advice, must i have a solicitor in order to put an employment tribunal claim through?

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
No, but you would be advised to take specific advice unless you know about employment law.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks, ***** ***** about costs to be honest, can i put the claim through to get the ball rolling and then look at no win no fee solicitors? Thanks

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Yes you can, if you can find a NWNF to take it on.