taratill
taratill, Solicitor
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
32019188

I have a consultancy contract with a company which only says

Customer Question

I have a consultancy contract with a company which only says that the contract will be renewed annually unless notified within 3 months of expiration by either party.
There is no other provision in the signed contract for early termination. The contract runs form October 2014 to October 2015. The company has terminated the contract and have offered 2 weeks pay. The contract also restricts what I am able to do from a work perspective for 3 months after termination of contract.
Is the 2 weeks reasonable or should I require 6 months which takes me to 3 months prior to end of contract or 3 months which is the period for which I am restricted
Expert:  taratill replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today.

Customer:

How are you paid by them is it monthly?

JACUSTOMER-g6d6vtpo- :

yes the agreement is I invoice monthly in arrears via my limited company which is named on the contract

Customer:

Ok thanks can you tell me if it is a fixed amount each month?