29905560

Good morning, I have just signed an indefinite employment

Customer Question

Good morning,
I have just signed an indefinite employment contract with a UK firm as an assistant. I'm suppose to start next Monday February 2. I'm moving from France to London. Therefore a relocation package was agreed and signed by both parties including Moving/Storage, Relocation Trip, Temporary Accommodation, Home Search Support and Support with Tax Returns totalling an amount of 8000£ (tax exemption). Yesterday i received a call from HR Dept informing me that I was not entitled to this Relocation Package as i was considered local and it was hence nul... Of course, i disagreed and replied it was a signed document, ie contract. The person then suggested to increase my salary of 2000£ annual and provide an allowance of 2000£ move but nothing else and no accommodation upon my arrival! and yet accommodation has been reserved and confirmed by email. Your advice would be much appreciated. Thank you and regards, EP
Ben Jones : , my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. How much are you missing out on if the employer does not follow the original agreement?
Ben Jones :

, not sure if you saw my initial query above - How much are you missing out on if the employer does not follow the original agreement?