Experience:  30 years experience as a solicitor.
31090051

good morning I am being made redundant from my current

good morning I am being made redundant from my current position of operations manager and the reason for this is that the company is integrating the business into another part of the business and there is not a position for me and they don't have any alternative positions. I have been there 14 months so am not due redundancy but they have to pay my notice period of 3 months, they have sent me e-mail conformation and a letter stating this but in the process they have also sent me an internal job application for a position within the company that is a far lower position and half of the salary my question is do I need to apply for this position ? regards ***** *****

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
No you don't need to apply for the lower position. The employer can offer the employee an alternative position but one at half pay is not "suitable alternative employment". They have to pay you your notice and allow you to find another job elsewhere.