29905560

I was offered an interview job on 5th Feb., but it was

I was offered an interview for a job on 5th Feb., but it was only one day's notice and I could not make it due to work commitments. I asked for another date but the company went ahead and interviewed anyway on the 5th and made an offer for the post. I was dismissed from the interview process because I could not make the interview date. Please advise.
Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Ben Jones :

I am afraid you have no rights to challenge their decision in the circumstances. An employer has no legal obligation to change their arrangements to accommodate your unavailability for a specific date and if you cannot make the date they have offered then they can remove you from the selection process. It is in no way illegal to do so. It may be immoral but that does not make it unlawful.

Ben Jones :

I'm sorry if this is not necessarily the answer you wanted to hear but I hope you understand I have a duty to be honest and explain the law as it actually stands and sometimes this does unfortunately mean delivering bad news from time to time. Please let me know if you need me to clarify anything.

Customer:

No, your answer is as I suspected, I just needed to be certain thanks for your prompt response

Ben Jones :

you are welcome, all the best