29905560

I am employed by a private company who have said they are offering

I am employed by a private company who have said they are offering me a term time contract. Am I entitled to holiday pay by law?
I am going to be employed 4 days a week but the contract they have sent is not clear about term time working and they said they will send me another contract even though I have been working for them now for 3 weeks now. It appears that the new contract if I ever receive it will be inferior. Do I have to accept the new conditions?
I have asked for clarity on what I will be paid and my wage slip does not have this information on it. Payroll directed me to my manager and she has not clarified what I will earn yet regarding what holiday entitlement I have. What do you advise?
Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Ben Jones :

I presume you are an employee rather than self employed?

Customer:

correct - hi I am Paula can you help?

Ben Jones :

ok let me get my response ready please

Ben Jones :

as an employee you would be entitled to holidays by law and you should get the minimum of 28 days a year, if you are a full time worker working 5 days a week. If you are working irregular hours or not throughout the whole year then you would get a pro rata entitlement, based on what you actually work. There is a useful calculator you can use to do this, the link is below

Ben Jones :

https://www.gov.uk/calculate-your-holiday-entitlement

Ben Jones :

As to accepting the new conditions, you may not have an option. Until you have 2 years service with the employer then you are not protected against unfair dismissal. It means the employer can dismiss you for more or less any reason so what they could do is terminate your current contract ad then issue you with the new one - you wither accept it or have no job.

Customer:

Thanks Ben that was useful

Ben Jones :

you are welcome