29905560

I have been working full time year and only had 1 week

I have been working full time for 1 year and only had 1 week holiday so far, what should I get for my first year in a new job ?
Ben Jones : Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Assuming that you work full time which is 5 days a week then you would be entitled to a minimum of 28 days holiday by law. This could include bank holidays as well. The employer can give you more than this allowance but that is not compulsory.
Customer:

Hello Ben, i have spoke to my employer about holidays and he thinks for the year I have worked with him completely in May 17 th this year I will be allowed 1 week and 1 day more for this whole year 15 days in all as I have used only 7 days so far. I do not want to loose my owed holiday and was not sure if this is right?

Ben Jones : Can you please clarify the number of days you work a week and if that is consistent all the time. Also how much holiday in total the employer thinks you should get for the full year?
Customer:

I work 6 nights a week and do a total of minimum 34 + hours a week my boss thinks I have 15 days holiday in total this year and going to 28 days from this May to next.... why would he think its less for this first year?

Ben Jones :

Your holiday entitlement depends on the number of days you would normally work in a week. If you work full time, which is 5 days a week (you do not get additional holidays for working 6 or 7 days a week), then you are legally entitled to the minimum holiday entitlement of 28 days per week. If you work different hours every time then your holiday allowance may be calculated using the hours you work but the end result should be the same. You can use this calculator to see what you should be entitled to:

https://www.gov.uk/calculate-your-holiday-entitlement

I am unsure as to why the employer is telling you that you only have 15 days holiday for the first year but assuming you have worked these days/hours for that time then they are incorrect.

Hope this clarifies your position? If you could please let me know that would be great, thank you