29905560

After an investigatory meeting does an employee have the right

After an investigatory meeting does an employee have the right to see the written notes taken when he has been supplied with the typed up notes for his review and agreement
Ben Jones : Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Is the investigation proceeding to a disciplinary?
Customer:

There is a good possibility that it will do

Ben Jones :

There is nothing specific in law which says that he employer must supply the handwritten notes at the same time as the typed up notes as long as they provide an accurate record of the meeting. However, if the employee believes that there are major differences between the two they could ask the employer to provide them with a copy of the written notes under the Data Protection Act and the employer then has 40 days to comply. Also if the employee disagrees on any of the contents of the official notes they can bring these to the employer's attention and provide the correction with their version of events

Ben Jones :

Hope this clarifies your position? If you could please let me know that would be great, thank you

Customer:

Yes, thank you

Ben Jones :

you are welcome