29905560

i was sacked from a job 3 and 1/2 years ago will this show

i was sacked from a job 3 and 1/2 years ago will this show up on a cbs check
Ben Jones : Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What type of check exactly are you having done?
Customer:

cbs for an insurance company and full 5 years working history

Customer:

and a criminal check

Ben Jones :

Hi sorry not sure if you saw my follow up query - you mention a CBS check, do you mean a DBS check?

Customer:

both

Ben Jones :

I have not heard of such a thing as a CBS check, can you please clarify the exact checks you are due to take - there is the old CRB check which was replaced by the current DBS check

Ben Jones :

But no CBS check

Customer:

sorry yes a dbs

Customer:

its more my work history that i am worried about

Ben Jones :

ok thanks, ***** ***** check will not reveal anything about you being sacked, not unless there was a criminal aspect and the police were involved for some reason. The DBS gets its information from the police database so unless there was police involvement, it will not be linked to you previous employment. However, your work history may reveal this because these checks are usually conducted by contacting your pat employers and asking them for a reference or confirmation of certain information. That is when the employer that sacked you may reveal that this is what actually happened. There is no guarantee it will happen but it is obviously risk and it will depend on whether they are contacted, what they wish to say and also on what questions they are asked

Customer:

how long are records kept by a company

Ben Jones :

it can be indefinite, there is no statutory requirement - some keep them for a couple of years, others for 6 years, others may keep them even for longer - it is the employer's choice so it will vary from one to the next

Ben Jones :

Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? Thanks

Customer:

yes lets just hope it works and i get my dream job

Ben Jones :

hope so too, but hopefully the above information explains your legal position?