29905560

I have a limited company and work as an agency worker through

I have a limited company and work as an agency worker through an employment business. Can I work with another employment agency if they give a higher rate? There is a clause in the contract that says "not to engage any conduct detrimental to the interests of the employment business and/or the Hirer which includes conduct which could bring the employment businessand/or hirer into disrepute and/or which results in the loss of custom or business". How does this affect me?
Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Would you be working for them at the same time as the current business?

JACUSTOMER-lwyfvhqj- :

Yes, I would be working with another agency on days which my current agency cannot provide for work.

JACUSTOMER-lwyfvhqj- :

Just to clarify, my limited company is directly providing the service.

JACUSTOMER-lwyfvhqj- :

Sorry. Hello Ben.

Ben Jones :

Hi, sorry I was just leaving the office when I picked up your question and did not see your reply. The clause you refer to can stop you from directly competing with the company or from working in such a manner that may lose the business money, let’s say you worked with another agency and in turn that meant the current agency lost out on your services and resultant fees. However, in your case you have said that you are working for the other employer on days that the current one cannot provide you with work. Therefore, there is no loss to them, it is not like you are replacing them with another agency on days that they would normally provide you with work. So as long as there is no direct loss to the company, if you are genuinely going to use only time during which you cannot work with them to work for the other then that should not be a problem. Also as self employed you cannot just be tied to them – you can seek other work but just ensure you are not infringing the above restrictions in terms of replacing their work and use your free time instead.

I hope this clarifies your position? If you could please quickly let me know that would be great, as it is important for us to keep track of customer satisfaction. Thank you

Customer:

There is a clause that says that I can cancel my shift provided due time is given. If that is the case can I work for the other agency?

Ben Jones :

as long as you follow the required notice in cancelling you would be adhering to the terms of the contract so they cannot say you have breached the contract to work for someone else and cost them money. The notice they have put in there to give them the chancer to find a replacement for work if needed

Ben Jones :

and reduce their losses

Ben Jones :

Could you please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else in relation to this? It is important for us to know either way so we can track customer satisfaction or identify whether I need to help you further? Thanks

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i am happy with your answer but why is it shows bad service. I have tried putting as very good. How can I change that to say as very good? thank you. kind regards.
Hi thanks for clarifying. We can amend it at our end not to worry. All the best
Experience: Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'