Experience:  30 years experience as a solicitor.
31090051

I was just investigating where I stand with regards ***** *****

Hi I was just investigating where I stand with regards ***** ***** contract. I have just been advised today that my manager no longer believes I am right for the job. I am on six months notice but only been in the job for a year. Early stages of trying to find out my rights.
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
You have to have two year's employment before you get any rights in relation to performance. If they don't think you are right they can terminate your employment. Unless the dismissal relates to the equality legislation, you have no recourse to a Tribunal, I'm afraid.
Happy to discuss further.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks but that's pretty much what I had already gleened from the first page I looked at. When you opened up the conversation and saw what I was looking into I was hoping you were going to offer something a little more.

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
What more would you like? You said that you were looking into your rights. My answer was that you have none unless the dismissal contravenes the equality legislation. I am happy to answer any further specific queries you have.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks and I understand the job you're doing but sometimes it only feels right to not encourage progressing on some subjects if there really is very little to add. Which it feels like in my case and from my introductory statement.

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Noted.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I was having another think about the question I was asking and wondering if I pose it differently is there something more you can advise on.

I appreciate I have no recourse if I am employed for less than a year however, I am on 6 months notice. If I decide that I don't want to go what happens next? I'm assuming they have to serve me my notice. What would I be entitled to? What could I reasonably ask for?

What could they reasonably expect me to work?

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
They either have to let you work your notice or pay you for six moths in lieu of notice.