29905560

An employee, Cleaner works hours a week gets 20 days

Customer Question

An employee, Cleaner works for 10 hours a week gets 20 days annual leave, whereas a porter who works for 20 hours gets ten days annual leave. It fair or legal?
Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What is the reason for the difference in holidays?

JACUSTOMER-efdf2jl3- :

No reason given. He says that the arrangements between him the employee can not be disclose

Ben Jones :

This in itself is not illegal. Not all employees have to be given the same allowance in holidays. It is perfectly legal for employees hat do the same or different hours to have different and disproportionate allowances to holiday. The law only requires employers to give their employees the legal minimum entitlement they get by law. This can be calculated here:

https://www.gov.uk/calculate-your-holiday-entitlement

Ben Jones :

Apart from that the employer is free to have different holiday entitlements to its employees I'm afraid

Ben Jones :

I hope this clarifies your position? If you could please quickly let me know that would be great, as it is important for us to keep track of customer satisfaction. Thank you

Ben Jones :

Hello, I see you have accessed and read my answer to your query. Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? I just need to know whether you need further help or if I can close the question? Thank you