Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

I have a question about employment lawin the UK. where do i type?

Customer Question

I have a question about employment law
in the UK. where do i type?
Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Please type up any information here

JACUSTOMER-1dcxmvr9- :

hi are you there

JACUSTOMER-1dcxmvr9- :

ben are you there?

Ben Jones :

yes can you please post your question here

JACUSTOMER-1dcxmvr9- :

Ben are you there?

Ben Jones :

yes but I am still waiting for you to post your query

JACUSTOMER-1dcxmvr9- :

Ben I am sorry, I have not used this before and am having issues posting.

JACUSTOMER-1dcxmvr9- :

But let me explain.

JACUSTOMER-1dcxmvr9- :

I am the head of a global insight and research function at my company. There is alot of change at my company. we have had 4 CEO in 8 years. This latest CEO has been cost cutting everything. But seems to undervalue my area and has asked that I cut 40% of my budget and my people. The only way to achieve the savings he wants is for me to eliminate my own role as I am highly paid. I made that recommendation but my immediate boss doesnot want that I go. But How can I lead a function with half the people and money needed effectively.

JACUSTOMER-1dcxmvr9- :

I want to leave but believe I did not move my family to england from the US to take on a role that is half the size and resources of what is needed to be effective. How should I proceed to ensure I get a fair package.

JACUSTOMER-1dcxmvr9- :

Clearly they are sending me a message about the value of my function and me if they are willing to cut 50% of the people and budget.

JACUSTOMER-1dcxmvr9- :

How should I proceed to get a fair package and get them to let me out of a non compete in my industry if they make me reduncant.

JACUSTOMER-1dcxmvr9- :

Hello?

JACUSTOMER-1dcxmvr9- :

I paid but you were offline. Could you please provide answer as soon as you are back online?

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please cancel my question. I needed something fast. No answer until now... so I would rather cancel the question. Please deposit my money back in my card.
Thanks!