michael holly
michael holly, Solicitor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience of dealing with employment law matters and qualified mediator
12609314

, So far i have raised a case against my employer for

So far i have raised a case against my employer for Unfair Treatment, I have worked for the company for 2 1/2 years and last year in June i successfully moved into a new role. The introduction to the team was really bad and i have since had a really unpleasant time at work.
I have recently been signed off from work due Stress - work related. A number of things have made me feel victimised/unfairly treated i.e. training opportunities, no pay rise, inconsistencies etc and I have since raised a grievance detailing these issues.
I was called in for a hearing of which was very biased and defensive. The hearing was then adjourned for further investigation and to give me an opportunity to think about how i wished for this to be resolved.
I was called in again on 5th March to discuss it further, but what actually happened was the conclusion of which I felt was very unfair and biased and no steps have been put in place to protect my welfare at work. I feel like my plea for help has not been heard and therefore I will continue to be victimised should I return to work. I feel absolutely terrified to go back.
I do not wish to return to work due to this and would now like to know what my options are.
I have been served the outcome letter on Thursday 12 March and i have 5 days to respond, However the policy states that i have 7 days to respond.
Please be advised that during my initial hearing the notes were not given to me to read and sign and on receipt of the grievance documents i have noticed that a lot of vital points were omitted and these are the main reasons why i don't feel safe returning to work as i don't trust them at all.
I need advice.
Expert:  michael holly replied 2 years ago.

You have the option of claiming constructive dismissal.

This is where the behaviour of the employer is such that the employer breaches an implied term in your contract of employment that you should be treated fairly and with respect. From the information you have supplied the cumulation of all the points you raise add up to unfair treatment.

I would advise you to look for a local solicitors as many will give a free first interview where your situation can be looked at closely before you make any final decision

.

You should inform your employers that you have 7 days to reply under the policy which will, hopefully , give you the time to fully consider your position.

If there are any further points please reply

Best wishes

Michael

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have spoken to a local solicitor who wanted to charge me £480 upfront for a settlement agreement and then 10% of any reward given. Do you think this is a good deal and from your experience do you think my case is strong and do you have any idea of amount i am on a 26k Salary.

I would shop around some more solicitors. I would expect you to be able to find a firm that will give a free initial interview.

Your case is strong based on what you have told me but needs to be fully explored.

I am afraid I cannot give you any indication of worth based on the limited information we have but it will certainly be worth pursuing.

Best regards

Michael