29905560

, Please can I have a clear interpretation of what the

Please can I have a clear interpretation of what the following states in my current
work contract.
TERM: January 15, 2013 to September 15, 2014. Subject to bi-annual renewal thereafter.
Post the initial period both parties could terminate this agreement post 3 months notice.
Ben Jones : Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. The contract is for a fixed term for the dates as stated. Afterwards it will renew every 6 months unless it is canceled by either party. This cancellation can only occur once the initial period (until sept 2014) has expired and each party must give 3 months notice if they wanted to cancel
Customer:

Please can I ask, can the cancellation take place at any point after the date of Sept 2014 with three months notice?

Ben Jones :

yes from the wording it looks like that - it says that after the initial period (which is the specific dates mentioned) either party can terminate it by giving 3 months notice

Customer:

Customer:

What i am trying to be clear about is that the date was Sept 15 2014 and so bi annually i went past the next six months to now which is March the 15 and I intend to give notice but i am unsure if the notice has to be given on the 15 march or if it goes past this date, am i locked in in any way for six months or can i give 3 months notice at any time.

Ben Jones :

it does not state anything specific in regards ***** ***** the cancellation clause simply sates that it applies after the initial period, which has now passed

Customer:

would this hold argument if any disagreement arose about this please Ben

Ben Jones :

yes, any inconsistencies or ambiguities would go against the party trying to rely on them, in this case the employer

Customer:

Thank you Ben, your help has been tremendous

Ben Jones :

you are most welcome, all the best