29905560

I was working 's as a delivery driver, I have now

I was working for tesco's as a delivery driver, I have now resigned from my job this is due to i was not provided any protective clothing and also i droppeed a basket on my foot, and have hurt my foot. this was due i was never provided any protective work boots. I s there any thing i can do
Ben Jones : Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. How long did you work there for?
Customer:

i was tjere for a total of 2 weeks

Customer:

i did 2 days of training, and worked 2 shifts

Customer:

is there anything i can do

Ben Jones :

Hi sorry I was offline by the time you had replied. Was there a policy on providing protective equipment for the specific duties you did? Also did you raise a complaint as a result of this before leaving?

Customer:

i was required to have uniform, trousers, shirt high vis jacket, and saftey boots (steel toe cap)

Customer:

i requested ti them when will i have these

Customer:

they provided me with no clear answer but rather avoided the question

Ben Jones :

You have a couple of options here. One is to consider making a constructive dismissal claim due to health and safety breaches. This is where you claim you were forced to resign due to the employer’s failure to adhere to health and safety rules. However, such claims are not easy to pursue and you would need to use ACAS to negotiate with the employer first so your first step would be to contact ACAS to initiate the process.

The other option is for a personal injury claim but just hurting your foot without any fractures or long-term issues is not really going to be serious enough to advise you to pursue it.

Ben Jones :

I hope this clarifies your position? If you could please quickly let me know that would be great, as it is important for us to keep track of customer satisfaction. Thank you

Customer:

I am Not sure will have to think about it

Ben Jones :

ok well what other clarification do you require?

Customer:

i think i have evrything i require

Ben Jones :

ok you are welcome

Experience: Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'