29905560

I have an unfair dismissable claim pending with acas. My employer

I have an unfair dismissable claim pending with acas.
My employer has sent a cheque covering the minimim redundancy payment and wages owed.
Am I safe from affecting my tribunal claim if I bank this cheque.
Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What else would you be pursuing the employer for - loss of earnings?

Customer:

unfair dismissal

Ben Jones :

did the cheque contain anything stating it is offered as full and final settlement?

Customer:

no,only the p45 and the cheque dated 26th Feb.

Ben Jones :

ok this would not affect your claim for unfair dismissal - the employer could have easily made you redundant and given you the redundancy payment and wages owed and paid them to you via bank transfer even without you having to accept them - this does not mean your claim is affected. This money was due to you anyway, the claim for unfair dismissal does not depend on payment of this money, it depends on the procedure followed, the reasons for dismissal, etc - so you can safely cash this money without it having any adverse effects on your claim

Ben Jones :

I hope this clarifies your position? If you could please quickly let me know that would be great, as it is important for us to keep track of customer satisfaction. Thank you7

Customer:

Thanks Ben, much appreciated.

Ben Jones :

you are welcome, all the best